Cowpens Depot & Museum
The Cowpens railroad depot was built in the late 1800′s (circa 1874) for the Air Line Railroad Company.
Local citizens saved the depot from destruction (1980), moved it to its current location (1982), and had it placed on the National Register of Historic Places (1997).
The Cowpens Depot Museum and Civic Center houses items donated by crewmen and local citizens emphasizing the WWII naval history. Displayed items include clothing, photos, medals, and personal letters of former USS Cowpens crewmen.
Open by appointment and during special events and holidays. Maintained by the Town of Cowpens and the Cowpens Historical Society.